India is great options to make your trip gorgeous times will be according your destinations between far each other all things are listed in your travel package and are probable.
Generally speaking in India English Language.
The domestic electricity supply in India is 220 volts most of hotels have three round pin sockets therefore we recommended travel adaptor set.
What Things To Pack:-
1. A light jersey or swindle for early morning plus in sunset because air-conditioning can be cold in restaurant.
2. Lightweight clothes like cotton, well dressed casual exceptional in hotel.
3. Footwear for game drives relaxed with this and will be strong.
4. Formal clothes and sandals and shoes are accepted for make relaxing go for dinner lunch and breakfast at your hotel or lodge restaurant.
5. According your personal basis needs like sunglasses, Sun cream and hat applicable.
6. According your needs for capture your trip in camera applicable are camera, spare batteries and memory cards.
7. According your needs mobile laptops and charger are applicable.
8. If you want to swimming according occasional swim you need to pack Swimwear.
9. Exceptional carry your Binoculars.
10. Exceptional for caring over mosquito repellent and spray.
11. Exceptional the clothes if need to change during tour to religious places in India where you need to change like that your tour guide can suggest you where necessity.
12. Exceptional for caring over self antiseptic, Handy wipes, hand gel and bottled water where possible you can.
13. Exceptional carry according country local currency for handy for ad-hoc tipping!
We advise you to talk about your individual necessities for India with your GP at least 6-8 weeks previous to travel.
Best time to visit Thekkady and kumily
Best time to travel to Thekkady is from December to May. Avoid the rainy moths from June to August.
Getting ThereBy Air
The nearest airport is Madurai 140 km away and Cochin International Airport, 190 km away.By Rail
The nearest railhead is Theni 60 km. Kottayam is 114 km away.By Road
Thekkady Kerala is 5 km from Kumily on the NH 220, which is well connected by road to different tourists centers and major towns of Tamil Nadu. Kumily’s KSRTC stand has regular services to Kottayam, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
Sights and Attractions ThekkadyPeriyar Tiger Reserve
The tiger reserve that is situated in the valley gets its name from the Periyar River, which originates from the forested tracts of the reserve. Periyar is a combination of tropical evergreen, semi evergreen, moist deciduous forests and grasslands. The reserve supports 62 species of mammals, 320 species of birds, 45 species of reptiles, 27 species of amphibians, 38 species of fish, 160 species of butterfly. It is also the abode the several endangered species like the lion tailed Macaque, small Travancore flying squirrel, Salim Ali’s fruit bat and the rarely sighted Nilgiri marten. If you are lucky, you might sight the pride of the sanctuary, the Tiger. Though tiger sightings are rare in Periyar, there are enough of these majestic animals around.
The Periyar Lake, in the centre of the sanctuary forms the nucleus of the reserve. Traveling by the boat is the only means of transport; in the process it provides a most delightful way of sporting elephants and avifauna for which the park is known. The Periyar Valley is a great place for animal lovers, bird watchers and trekkers, is also a holiday option for families if you are on a travel to Thekkady.Mangaladevi Temple
It takes around 45 minutes to cover the 12 km stretch upto the temple. The temple complex has four structures made of granite slabs, each housing an idol. Once in a year, on Chitra Pournami day, scores of pilgrim visit the site to offer puja to the deity Mangaladevi, also known as Kannaki in Tamil legends, whose burning wrath is said to have reduced entire Madurai to ashes.
The pilgrimage route passes through dense forests and high altitude grasslands of Mangaladevi, which support Nilgiri Tahrs and endemic orchid species. To minimize disturbance to the flora and fauna, the forests department keeps a strict vigil over this stretch that forms part of the core area of Periyar Tiger reserve. For the rest of the year the forest road is closed to the public.
If you are planning a tour to Thekkady Kerala , visit Mangaladevi Temple on Chitra Pournami (full moon day/night) in the month of April-May when it is open to public.Kurisumala
Kurisumala literally means the ‘mountain of the cross’. It is a 2 km drive from the Kumily town and can be reached through two different routes. Both converge at Kollampattada, where you get a magnificent view of the valley. Trek to Kurisumala hills from this point and you’ll be rewarded with an enchanting view of the surroundings hills, a small stretch of the Periyar Lake, the town of Kumily, adjoining areas and vast portions of Tamil Nadu. Kurisumala has great religious significance for Christians should be visited on a tour to Thekkady.Spice Plantation visit
On a guided tour to Thekkady, spice plantation visit, you will not only be enticed by the aroma of Cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, nutmeg, etc, but also get to know how they are grown, harvested and processed, before they reach the local supermarkets. Most of the hotel and travel agencies in Kumily offers Kerala tours to different plantations where you can see pepper veins with their dangling bunches of green peppercorns and tiny flowers of cardamom at the base of the plant.
Activities ThekkadyWhat to buy
Kumily is lined with shops, selling cardamom, tea and a range of spices. While buying exercise a little caution about the authenticity of the products. If you are looking for authentic spices that are reasonably priced, stop by Spice Super Market, the Farmer’s Shop at Kumily; dealers in spices, tea, coffee, oils, cinnamon, pepper clove nutmeg, mace, ginger, turmeric, and curry powder.
• The Eco Shop for nature lovers, stocks mugs, books, caps, post cards and T-shirts.
• Café Periyarensis run by the Periyar Wildlife Society near the boat jetty, sells T-shirts and wildlife books apart from the old snack. Internet and telephone facilities are also available.
• The Turtle Souvenir Outlet, run by the Periyar Tiger Samrakshan Eco Development Committee sells film rolls, batteries, handicrafts, spices, T-shirts, mineral water, lemon juice, tea, coffee, snacks, fruits etc.
• On your Kerala tour packages visit the store named REDFROG. You will find antiques, money chests, spice boxes, headgear, masks of animals and earthy cotton clothes and bags with, ‘Save Wildlife’ abd ‘Save Trees’ slogans on them. It’s a store from where a part of the proceeds go towards Periyar Tiger Reserve conservation. The logo of the shop conveys its philosophy ‘Leave the forest untouched’.
Where to eat
Kumily has a wide range of eating options ranging from wayside restaurants from classy restaurants in the up market resorts. You can have heart warming Kerala fare (veg and non-veg) at all spices restaurant in Cardamom country resort.
The Hornbill Bar at the Taj is a great place for livening up your spirits; no pun intended. The KTDC run restaurants, Aranya nivas and Periyar House, offer standard continental, Chinese and Indian fare, they also have bars. Nature walk
The nature walk, or guided day trek involves trekking through selected nature trails accompanied by trained tribal trekkers cum guides. The trails often pass through evergreen and moist deciduous forests interspersed with marshy grasslands. This interpretative programme provides incredible opportunities for the close observation of birds, butterflies and wildlife.Periyar Tiger Trail (adventure trekking and camping)
This is a protection-oriented trekking and camping programme where reformed poachers act as a tourist guide. The guides known the forest really well, so besides assisting you in pitching camp and cooking food, they also enlighten you about the flora and fauna. Camping facilities are a bare minimum; tourists are expected to carry their own travel kits when on a Kerala tours for trekking or camping. The most significant aspect of this package is the focus on prevention and detection of illicit activities in the forest.Bamboo Rafting
On your Kerala tour packages one should try this extreme sport for an enthralling experience.The programme involves dawn to dusk trekking and rafting through some of the luxuriant forests of Periyar Tiger Reserve. In this package, you can enjoy 2 hrs of trekking; one and a half hour of rafting and then after lunch break; return in the same manner. During this trail, you get a real feel of the pristine forests and a great chance to spot large animals and birds. You can also get a glimpse of the lives of the indigenous people and see them fishing in the lake. An armed guard and four guides accompany a maximum of 10 people.Bamboo Grove
Here there are typical huts and tents erected in a vast bamboo grove in the middle of Anavachal. Nature lovers can avail of the experiential learning programmes conducted by the Forest departments. There is also a thatched seminar hall where sensitization programmes are organized.Jungle Patrol
On your Kerala tour packages participate in the night patrolling programme and help the forest department in the protection of the forests of Periyar. Visitors are accompanied by two protection watchers and armed forests guards.